POMEGRANATE MINT SANGRIA
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large bunch (1 ounce) fresh mint
FOR THE SANGRIA:
- Mint syrup
- 2 cups pure, unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 bottle fruity red wine
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 pound strawberries, diced
- Orange sparkling water, for serving
- *Set aside some of the fresh mint, orange slices, and strawberries for serving
MAKE THE MINT SYRUP:
- Heat the water and sugar to boiling, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Tear fresh mint roughly, and add the entire bunch (stems and all) to syrup during the last 30 seconds of simmering. Remove syrup from heat, and let sit for one hour.
- Strain the cooled syrup and discard the mint.
MAKE THE SANGRIA:
- Combine the mint syrup, wine, orange juice, Triple Sec, pomegranate juice, and all of the diced fruit (reserving some for garnish).
- Chill the sangria in the refrigerator for two hours or up to overnight.
- Serve the sangria in glasses with some of the soaked fruit. Fill the glasses 3/4 and top with the sparkling water. Garnish with a fresh mint sprig, orange slice, and strawberry half. Cheers!
Recipe & Image Courtesy: parsnipsandpastries.com