Top 5 Reasons You'll Fall in Love with Laurie & Andrew
1. Laurie is plucky. She’s been jilted in the worst possible way by being left at the altar. While she does indulge in several days of therapeutic ice cream consumption, she quickly gets that out of her system and decides to take charge of her life.
2. Andrew is a gentleman. Andrew is quiet, polite and thoughtful. He might not be the guy who acts on emotion. But when Laurie needs him, he springs into action like a real prince charming.
3. Andrew isn’t a he man. In fact his ex-girlfriend dumped him in order to run off with a big, strong Marine. But she learns the truth about the myth of the big, strong man. Sometime the quietest one is the strongest. I know this kind of hero is not in style these days. Everyone seems to want a big Alpha Male in the starring role. Andrew is not like that. And to tell you the truth, I love guys like Andrew – the ones who hold doors, speak softly, and spring into action whenever someone they love is in trouble.
4. Laurie has great girlfriends. Really. Everyone should have girlfriends like Laurie. These women have her back, and are not about to let Laurie’s fiancé get away scot free after he dumps her at the altar.
5. Laurie and Andrew spark. They start out as friends, but the sexual tension between them ramps up pretty fast. They are both smart and I hope their banter is as much fun to read as it was to write.