Brynley Blake's Bucket List:
I’ve always been a little obsessed with bucket lists, so it’s probably not surprising that one finally made it into one of my books (or three actually, as the bucket list plays an integral part in the entire Phoenix Rising series). Heartbroken over her older brother’s death and the whispered suspicions that he was illegally dealing arms before his death, McKenzie Prescott (the heroine of Rogue) has one mission—to finish her daring Navy SEAL brother’s bucket list, even though she’s scared of heights and prone to anxiety attacks. However, the bucket list turns out to be a treasure map of sorts to the guns Liam sold to the Mexican drug cartel before he died—but never delivered. Completing the list, and finding the guns, turns out to be a matter of life and death as Liam’s sister
Like all good bucket lists, Liam’s is a combination of places to visit, milestones to accomplish, and experiences to savor. A few items on his list that McKenzie attempts are jumping off a waterfall, an all-nighter in Vegas, sailing the Philippines, and a few…ahem…more intimate things (you’ll have to read it to find out more about those!). My own bucket list is massive—I love experiencing new things and places—so I had a lot of fun having carte blanche with Liam’s fictional bucket list.
Here are a few things on my bucket list:
1. See the Northern Lights. This one is on Liam’s bucket list too. Hell, I think this one is on everyone’s bucket list! This has been at the top of my list as long as I can remember. I used to think I’d go to Alaska to see them, but Finland has these cool glass igloos where you can fall asleep under the Aurorae (That’s a real word. Trust me…I’m a writer).
2. Write a book. Well, obviously this is one I’ve already crossed off. Rogue is my first book with Entangled Publishing, and the first book I’ve written under the name Brynley Blake, but I have written and published four other books and two novellas under the name Brynley Bush.
3. Get a tattoo. Another one I’ve already crossed off, this was a later addition to my list, but a memorable one. When my oldest daughter turned eighteen, we went and got tattoos together. Mine is a small bird taking flight, which has deep personal significance for me because I got it at a time in my life when I was breaking free of a lot of unhappiness and I felt like I had finally found my wings and was ready to soar.
4. Learn to salsa dance. This one’s on Liam’s list too, and there is a very memorable scene in Rogue when Noah and McKenzie dance together. It’s on my list because I secretly wish I knew how to dance, it’s so sensual, and there are cute heels involved.
5. Sing Karaoke at a Karaoke Bar. Bonus points if the bar has a swing.
(Phoenix Rising #1)
by Brynley Blake
Kindle Edition, 227 pages
Published May 15th 2017 by Entangled: Brazen
Reeling from the death of her daring Navy SEAL brother, reserved McKenzie Prescott decides to honor him in the only way she can think of—by finishing his bucket list. Suddenly, she’s doing things she’s never dreamed of—like jumping off waterfalls...and inviting the intoxicating stranger she meets in Las Vegas to help her with some of the more racy items on the list…
Noah Payne used to be a Navy SEAL…until his job cost him his family. Now he wants revenge, and he’s not above playing dirty to get it. His current mission—to find a missing shipment of guns—is the last piece of the puzzle. But his only lead is Liam Prescott’s bucket list. Noah figures that by getting close to Liam’s sister, McKenzie, he’ll soon get his hands on the list. Only keeping his hands off a suddenly sexy McKenzie is turning out to be the real challenge!
About Brynley Blake:
A lifelong reader with a taste for adventure, Brynley Blake writes the writes the kind of books she likes to read: steamy contemporary romances featuring smart, sassy heroines with a sense of humor and strong, dominant alpha males who love their women a little feisty. She lives in Texas with her family and an assortment of pets, and loves rainy days, hot coffee, cold beer, red wine, traveling, and spending time with her family. She writes contemporary and erotic romance as Brynley Blake and Brynley Bush.
I am looking forward to reading this story. I like the gorgeous book cover.ReplyDelete
An interesting bucket list. Not sure I would want a tattoo.ReplyDelete