Two years ago today I wrote my first blog post & review. It was our first book club meeting for Sara Creasy's Song of the Scarabaeus. Since then we have had 1,428 posts with over 400 reviews, 405 570 all-time page views and I have read over 350 books! I started out with a lot of paranormal romance but as you can see my love for romance knows no bounds and we have it all here. lol If there is a romance in it you can probably find it at RBtWBC. :)
It's really interesting though to go back and see how my posts and reviews have evolved over the two years, I've cringed at a few and have thought 'Wow, I did that?!?! Awesome!' at a few more. lol
It still amazes me though that there are people who are actually interested in what I have to say and take the time out of their day to check out the fabulous authors we host as well as the books we read and talk about. So tonight I would like to raise my glass of sweet blueberry wine to you lovely readers, thank you so much for being a part of it all and I hope that we have helped you find some wonderful books to read and new authors to stalk. And I would also like to thank all of the amazing authors who have stopped by, put up with my quirkiness while chatting and who have spread the word about my lil' book blog, as well as my wonderful guest reviewers and especially my PIC, Lexi. Without these wonderful ladies I would have pulled my hair out and given up long ago because blogging is a lot harder and more time consuming then I could have ever imagined going into it when I found my first blog to follow, the Supernatural Underground back in the beginning of 2010. But it's very much worth it. ;) And to all of my fellow bloggers and newbie bloggers out there, keep on truckin' and be true to yourselves and your blogs! Don't worry about what someone else's blog looks like or how many followers they have and you don't, follows come in time and your blog is unique to yourself. It is about you, your love for books and reading, and no one else. May the force be with you. lol You all rock and I appreciate all of the friends I have made in the blogging community.
So cheers, here's to another wonderful two years!
As a thank you to all of my truly awesome followers I have a giveaway too!
First up is a prize pack that I put together with things that I thought would be unique to this blog, this one is open to US and Canadian residents only. International readers, keep reading!
- Jeweled by Anya Blast. A book I have on my shelf as well and that I have received many recommendations about.
- Hand-made mermaid bookmark.
- A ribbon bracelet on toggle clip from DallaLuna with a wine glass, heart and book charm for Reading Between the Wines.
- Only In Texas by Christie Craig, a book (and bookmark) that I read and loved. (Review here.)
- A ribbon book thong from DallaLuna with a wine bottle, a book and lots of swarovski crystals.
- A flowered tote bag from Bath & Body Works.
- A swag pack, some signed, from the fabulous Dianne Duvall's Immortal Guardians series.
- Bath & Body Works Black Cherry Merlot anti-bac pocket pac.
- Basin wine soap.
- Christie Craig, Hotter in Texas pen.
- Signed bookmarks from Tina Folsom, Monica McCarty, Kendra Leigh Castle (with tattoo) and a signed book plate from Lisa Kessler.
- Bookmarks from Elisabeth Naughton and Gena Showalter.
- RTC's from Elisabeth Naughton (4 and a tattoo too), Tina Folsom and Delilah Marvelle.
And for our International readers I have a $10.00 eGift Card to Amazon, Barnes & Noble or a book of choice (up to $10) from The Book Depository (make sure they ship to you).
This is a thank you to my followers, so there for you must follow Reading Between the Wines Book Club. :) You can follow by GFC, Email, RSS or Network Blogs. Leave a comment on this post with a book recommendation. What haven't I read yet that you think that I will just absolutely love? And then fill out the appropriate Rafflecopter form below!
US/CA Giveaway: Prize Pack
International Giveaway: $10.00 eGift Card
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway