How to join in:
- You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads, some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 & over adult reads should be your majority.
- Make a separate post for the 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.
- Copy the html for the button above and place it at the top of your post.
- List & answer the ‘Question of the Week.’
- Place your name and blog title in the linky below and the url for a direct link to your post
- Visit the other blogs on the list and say 'Hi!' Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back. :) It’s always nice to spread the 18 & Over Book Blogging love!
- Contact me (readingbetweenthewines10 at gmail dot com) with any questions!
Question of the Week: Cliffhangers. Love them, hate them, want to commit bookicide afterwards?
I have noticed an annoying trend of cliffhangers lately in the new adult genre, several erotic romances and these volume-style series that have become popular.
To be honest, it drives me batty! It's not so bad when the story is some what wrapped up with a few strings to dangle leading into the next book. But when the author ends the book in the middle of this dramatic, epic moment I seriously want to throw the book and stop my foot like my daughter has a tendency to do when angry. I feel cheated and I almost don't want to pick up the next book because of it. Gah. And if that next one is months or *gasp* even a year away from release, that is just evil. Evil!
I can stay on my soap box with subject for a while but I will step down for now. What are your feelings on this subject? Do you love the anticipation or do you lack the patience like I do to wait months and months to find out if a character lives or dies? Leave a comment and let me know. Wishing everyone a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!