How to join in:
- You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads, some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 & over adult reads should be your majority.
- Make a separate post for the 18 & Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.
- Copy the html for the button above and place it at the top of your post.
- List & answer the ‘Question of the Week.’
- Place your name and blog title in the linky below and the url for a direct link to your post
- Visit the other blogs on the list and say 'Hi!' Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back. :) It’s always nice to spread the 18 & Over Book Blogging love!
- Contact me (readingbetweenthewines10 at gmail dot com) with any questions!
Question of the Week: Does it light your libido reading scorching romances where the heroine is (or is undercover as) a sassy stripper?
I'm in love with a Sttrrriippppppeer! (You know the song's stuck in your head now...) So do you love it or hate it? I've talked to a few women over the past couple of years that vary on the subject depending on their own personal opinions about strippers in the real world. Some hate it because they don't approve of the stripping profession. Others love reading the stories because it's kind of living out the fantasy of what they won't do in reality in their head. And then there's the audience of women who ARE strippers in real life. They might love or hate the story depending on how their profession is portrayed.
I personally, fall into that middle category. Love to read those stories. I'd never have the gumption to do something like get up on a stage and take my clothes off for people (whether I knew them or not). So reading about in a book is like living out the kinky fantasy in my head. I also love the way writer's portray the hero's reactions to their girl getting naked in front of other people. Do they love it or hate it? Does it send them into a jealous rage, or do they get so hot that they have to give their girl the business the second she steps off the stage?
There's been some really great books about this too. Jaci Burton's Riding On Instinct from her Wild Rider Series comes to mind. Awesome book. Others are Lori Foster's Jordan, Shayla Black's Delicious, and Karin Tabke's Good Girl Gone Bad. Are there any books featuring exotic dancers that you've loved/hated?