5 Reasons To Fall in Love with the Dark Desires series…
The Dark Desires series is a mixture of science fiction, paranormal and romance. The books follow the adventures, romantic and otherwise, of the crew of the space cruiser the Blood Hunter. I’ve had so much fun writing these books and I hope readers will love them just as much.
So, here are five reasons why I think you should fall in love with the world of Dark Desires:
1. Bad boys in space. Right at the start, I have to admit to a few things. Firstly, I fell in love with Han Solo at a very impressionable age. Second, growing up, I dreamed of being Doctor Who’s assistant (I still do in fact) and of course, he’d fall madly in love with me. Finally, more recently, my devotion to Han has been severely tested by my attraction to Captain Mal Reynolds… among others. There’s a reason most of my love affairs (imaginary at least) have been with ‘space men’. I adore a bad boy hero, and space men, whether human, alien or something else entirely, can be the ultimate bad boys; living on the edge of civilization, boldly going…. Pirates, assassins, cops, leaders of the universe…In the world of Dark Desires, there’s no limit to what your hero can do and be.
2. The kick ass heroines. If the men up there in space need to be tough to survive, then the women need to be tougher. Gone are the old stereotypes; a woman can be whatever she wants. As long as she’s strong enough. In the world of Dark Desires, the heroines are more than a match their male counterparts. They’re just as likely to be the pirate or the leader of the universe, and just as likely to rescue the hero as vice-versa. In fact, the captain of the Blood Hunter is a woman. Captain Tannis is part human, part snake, and all bitch.
3. You get to travel to exotic locations. Dark Desires is set in the future when man has fled to the stars. I think one of the reasons we love to read romance is to be carried away to exotic locations, and it doesn’t get much more exotic than a totally different galaxy. Then there are space ships, wormholes, Earth of the future. Who knows where the crew will end up next, or when, which takes us to…
4. Time travel. I’ve already mentioned that growing up I was a huge Doctor Who fan—I would have been in the TARDIS faster than you could say ‘when do you want to go’. The fascination with time travel has stayed with me. Who doesn’t want to know what the world will be like ten years from now, or a hundred or a million.… Or maybe go back and see what the Roman Empire was like, or meet a real pirate, or walk with dinosaurs or… And so, it was only a matter of time before the crew of the Blood Hunter learned the secret of time travel. Now they can not only go anywhere, they can go anytime!
5. And finally, in the world of Dark Desires everything and anything goes. There are vampires, werewolves, demons, aliens, dragons…even the occasional human, plus mixtures of the above. You never know what might happen next in the book, or who it might happen to. The possibilities are as endless as the universe itself.